This specific Personal Data Protection Policy has been created in accordance with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 for the protection of individuals concerning the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data. Through this policy, we inform you about the information (hereinafter "personal data") that we may collect from you, the purposes for which they may be used, any disclosure of information, and the security measures we implement to protect your personal data. Personal data includes all details about an individual, such as name, address, phone number, email address, your transactions with us, and details of your credit card. The information collected is controlled by DeltaRent EE (Heroes of Polytechnic, Kalamata 24100).
When you make a reservation through our website, you enter into a conventional relationship with us. A necessary prerequisite for completing a reservation through our website is the collection of your personal data. Your personal data is collected based on your explicit consent for specific and lawful purposes and is not subjected to further processing incompatible with these purposes (Article 5(1)(b) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679). In this conventional relationship, where you are the Subject of Personal Data, our company operates either as the Data Controller or as the Processor of Processing (Article 4 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
Personal Data We Collect
We ensure that we collect only data that are absolutely necessary to serve the purpose for which they are given and use them exclusively for those purposes, except for any data collected from Cookies. The data collected are limited to what you have expressly stated for a specific purpose and only if you have given your consent.
- Date of Birth
- Driver's License
- Tax Identification Number (Α.Φ.Μ. in Greek)
- ID Card Number (Α.Δ.Τ. in Greek)
- Contact/Product Delivery Data:
- Mailing Address
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Payment Information:
- Credit/Debit Card Number
- Bank Account Number
- Rental Contract History Data with Our Company.
- Data on Any Overdue Debts to Our Company.
- Data on Car Accidents with Our Company's Vehicles.
- Data on Any Abusive Behavior towards Avis Executives.
- Geolocation Data (GPS), Electronic Application Data (Bluetooth, Navigator), Telematics Application Data.
The processing of data is carried out either by our company's specially authorized personnel or through information technology systems and electronic devices owned by our company. Exceptionally, third parties, who have contractually committed to us to maintain confidentiality and protect your data, may process the data exclusively for the purposes for which they have been provided to us.
Processing of Data for Services
The following services involve the processing of your data:
- Submission of a quotation.
- Car rental.
- Car purchase.
- Compliance with applicable legislation.
- Information services on the website.
During the use of the vehicle by you or any of your passengers, it is possible to store data in electronic applications that may be pre-installed in it. Our company will never ask you to perform such storage. If you choose to do so, it is solely your responsibility to delete any data from the vehicle's applications during the temporary or final delivery of the vehicle.
Geolocation Data (GPS)
In our fleet vehicles, there is the possibility of installing geolocation systems (GPS). These systems are activated only in cases of theft of the vehicle, following relevant notification to the lessee/driver. The legal basis for processing is the legitimate interest in protecting the lawful property of the company.
Telematics Application Data
In our fleet vehicles, the installation of the Telematics application is possible. These systems are activated for the purpose of locating the vehicle in case of theft, misappropriation, or if the vehicle is not returned to the lessor without justification on the agreed-upon date, and communication with the lessee is not possible following their relevant notification.
he data provided by the application includes:
- a) Smart Check-in: Evaluation of the kilometers traveled during the rental period, fuel level, etc.
- b) Timely updates on the maintenance status, etc.
- c) Management of assets in cases of significant damage to the vehicle, etc.
- d) Catalog of asset details, i.e., real-time location mapping of the lessor's owned vehicles and updating of lessor reference points. The legal basis for processing is the legitimate interest in protecting the lawful property of the company.
We respond to your requests related to your personal data, ensuring compliance with privacy regulations and safeguarding your legal rights. If you have any inquiries or requests regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact us through the provided channels for further assistance.
In order to satisfy any of your rights (access, deletion, correction, etc.), we will request minimal identification data from you and will use your information for the following general purposes, provided you have given us your explicit consent:
Participation in Online Market Research/Surveys
The company processes data that you provide for your participation in online surveys, including demographic information (age, income, etc.). You can choose to provide all or none of this information. Survey results will be used solely to improve the features of our website, for your evaluation, subsequent improvement of services provided to you, and for no other purpose.
The company uses your data to respond to the requests/questions you submit.
Purposes of Processing Your Data
- a) Evaluation of your request
- b) Management of car leasing
- c) Compliance with obligations imposed by applicable legislation
- d) Monitoring, improvement, and adaptation to your preferences and choices regarding our products and/or services
- e) Sending, via email, information about the company's products and/or services
- f) Customer satisfaction surveys
- g) Assessment of risks, credit or otherwise, for vehicles and claims with credit implications arising from the company's contracts with customers.
The processing of your data is carried out in accordance with: a) the terms of our contractual relationship, b) your consent, where required, c) the company's obligations arising from the law (e.g., tax, labor, insurance legislation, etc.), d) the legitimate interest of our company.
Recipients of Your Data
Access to your data is limited to the absolutely necessary personnel of the company and collaborating businesses, which process your data as Joint Controllers.
Deletion of Your Data
We retain your data only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which you have provided us with your data and in compliance with applicable legislative provisions. All data held within the framework of the contractual relationship is retained for a maximum of twenty (20) years from the expiration of the lease relationship. Data submitted for processing to create a list of customers not allowed to rent a vehicle due to prior default actions or behaviors are stored for five (5) years from the expiration of the lease agreement.
• Right of Access: You have the right to access the personal data we handle. You also have the right to receive certain information about what we do with your personal data. This information is provided in this document.
• Right of Correction: Under certain circumstances, you have the right to correct inaccurate personal data and to complete incomplete personal data. Please note that we may not be able to correct inaccurate personal data provided by you, and charges may apply for this specific change.
• Right of Erasure: Under certain circumstances, you are entitled to the erasure of your personal data. This is known as the "right to be forgotten."
• Right to Restrict Processing: Under certain circumstances, you are entitled to restrict the way we use your personal data.
• Right to Data Portability: You are entitled to receive your personal data (or have your personal data directly transmitted to another data controller) in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format from us.
• Right to Object: You have the right to object to certain types of processing of your personal data that we apply. This applies to all our activities based on our "legitimate interest."
For any inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.